GPS is a technology that obtain the information about the location of an object. Antenna GPS receives the incoming signals and convert them into electronic signals so that they can be processed easily by GPS user. There are certain features which should be kept in mind before designing the Antenna GPS. These are -
There are three types of Antenna GPS which are used. These are -
These two antennas are interconnected by coaxial cable and powered by electronics devices.
GPS not having external jack mostly use Re radiating Antenna. Re radiating Antenna has a function ability range of up to 30 meters. Therefor it can be carried outside if the user are within 30 meters of range. This type of Antenna GPS are used in -
- business buildings
- laboratories etc.
- when the vehicle is in motion Antenna GPS minimize the breakage of signals temporarily.
- To obtain the up to date information on a regular basis Antenna GPS are used in urban high rise building.
- It is used vigorously in vehicles to locate their actual position for vehicle tracking, fleet management, and for emergency purposes as well as for maintaining law and enforcement of the area.
- A GPS with Antenna tries to receive signals from as much satellites as it can. Using this technology they can give the best accurate result. Thus the authenticity of the obtained information is maintained. In the populated urban ares this technology is very useful.
- Sometimes the area of interest get covered under big tree canopies. Antenna GPS, in this position also can receive signal which can give accurate information.
- GPS Antenna can receive signal everywhere, where GPS receiver is obstackled under any area where it cannot receive incoming signals.
The utility of Antenna GPS :
The mostly used Antenna GPS are â€œPatch Antennaâ€ and â€œQuad Helix Antennaâ€. The concept of Antenna GPS depicts that GPS(Global Positioning System) does not or cannot receive incoming signals under any obstacle like high rise building, tree canopy etc. therefor a GPS With Antenna can remove those problems and can receive signals under any kind of obstacle.