Servicio GeolÃ³gico Mexicano (SGM), Mexico
is a decentralized organization, having it's own legal identity, functioning under the Federal Government. Servicio GeolÃ³gico Mexicano (SGM), Mexico
is responsible for promoting the strategic advantages of the natural resources and minerals of Mexico. At present, apart from looking after the natural resources and minerals, Servicio GeolÃ³gico Mexicano (SGM), Mexico
also offers services to other sectors also.
The Servicio GeolÃ³gico Mexicano (SGM), Mexico
has the following aspirations,
- Satisfying the country's present needs without compromising on it's future.
- Providing and generating geoscientific knowledge for the planning purposes and also for maximizing the country's advantage of minerals and other natural resources.
- Becoming an institution of excellence in the field of geoscience
- Providing knowledge and services to support the social and economic development of the country.
Servicio GeolÃ³gico Mexicano (SGM), Mexico has the following aims.
- By providing the support and mining and geological information, it aims to stimulate the investments in the mining sector.
- Promoting a superior export capacity in the field of mining
- Contributing to the mining sector in oder to generate social development and physical development in the country
- Helping to reduce the dependency on the developed foreign countries in the field of industry and mining
- Promoting technical and scientific research to maximize the mineral resource advantages and to assess geological risk and contributing to the ecological protection.
- Offering technological information and knowledge to the mining sector to increase the competence of this sector.
Servicio GeolÃ³gico Mexicano (SGM), Mexico has 24 full time employees, it also has aircrafts fitted with sophisticated instruments and other instruments for the research purposes. Servicio GeolÃ³gico Mexicano (SGM), Mexico plays a major role in the development of the mining sector in Mexico.