Royal Nepal Academy of Science & Technology
is an autonomous organization that deals with the academic matter and assisted by the parliament.
Brief information about Royal Nepal Academy of Science & Technology
was established in the year of 1982. Royal Nepal Academy of Science & Technology,
earlier was an academic body, that was autonomous in nature. Then the organization was given self-reliance by the parliament in the year of 1992 to give some additional advantage. Aims and objectives of The Royal Nepal Academy of Science & Technology (RONAST) :
- The mission of the RONAST is very comprehensive in nature which are as follows -
- Royal Nepal Academy of Science & Technology develops the technology policy and national policy to help the government.
- RONAST improves as well as encourages the endemic technologies.
- Royal Nepal Academy of Science & Technology acts as a head organization of national science and technology in the country and provides valuable suggestion to the government of Nepal to improve the policies in a better way so that related problems can be solved with minimum time and effort as well.
- The organization encourages various researches and projects in the field of science, technologies, agriculture, environment, alternative energies, natural products etc
to sought out problems related to various current issues.
- Royal Nepal Academy of Science & Technology also facilitates to carry-over various technical problems perfectly by identifying them.
Department of Meteorology and Hydrology in Myanmar follows certain objectives, such as:
- Enhancing agriculture and production of food.
- Taking effective precautions to avoid and minimize the hazardous effects of natural disasters.
- Providing support to all National Projects.
- Promoting protection, sustenance and conservation of the environment and natural resources.
- Assuring safe and efficient modes of transportation.
- Conducting research in the fields of meteorology, hydrology and seismology.
- Collaborating with international organizations and promote public awareness.
Department of Meteorology and Hydrology, Myanmar provides various services to different industries and sectors in Myanmar. Some services are enlisted below:
- Service in the fields of Meteorology and Hydrology for assisting shipping and Inland water transport.
- Hydrological Services.
- Meteorological Service to the Aviation industry.
- Seismological Services.
- Meteorological Service to the Agricultural Sector.
The Department of Meteorology and Hydrology, Myanmar also conducts some courses to provide training to interested university students. DMH offers Degree Courses in Meteorology and Hydrology, in collaboration with the Yangon and Dagon universities. The courses offered by the Department of Meteorology and Hydrology, Myanmar, relate to disciplines such as:
- Prevention of Natural Disasters.
- Marine Technology.
- Air Traffic Control.
- Military Meteorology.
- Defense Services