Institute of Geology - National Academy of Sciences, Kyrgyzstan,
better known as The Kyrgyz Republic Institute of Geology,
is the single science institute in Kyrgyzstan. The center deals with study of geological structures, mineral resources and geological problems of the Kyrgyz Tien Shan. The Institute of Geology - National Academy of Sciences, Kyrgyzstan,
has under its supervision, a physical â€“ geographic Alpine Station, at Issyk-Kul valley. The major disciplines in which the institute carries out its research are:
- regional geology
- regional geography
- mineral resources.
The Institute of Geology - National Academy of Sciences, Kyrgyzstan, has commissions related to:
- Geographical societies
The Institute of Geology - National Academy of Sciences of Kyrgyzstan concentrates on:
- Exploration of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic formations.
- Studies related to formation and evolution of the earth's crust, especially of the Tien Shan Precambrian-Paleozoic folded structure.
- Investigations related to the isotopic dating, geodynamics and geological evolution of the area.
- Exploration of deposits of ores and mineral resources including precious and rare earth elements
- Geochemical mapping and analysis of the extracted minerals and ores.
- Detection and protection of alterations in the in the Tien Shan geosystems.
- Study of geological phenomena due to hazards.
- Detection of sources of ground water and artesian basins.
- Studies related to the dynamics of creation of hydrochemical peculiarities of horizons where underground water is found.
- Assessment of ecological and geochemical nature of the mining complexes.
The Institute of Geology - National Academy of Sciences in Kyrgyzstan, has international collaborations with numerous foreign organizations and associations of India, China, France, Japan, Austria, USA and Turkey.